Event management / Marketing & Communication.
MeetToMatch is a dynamic and fast-growing event & tech startup, active since 2009. We provide matchmaking services at business events: imagine speeddating for companies, by combining an easy-to use online meeting manager with meticulous personal support. Our events focus on industries such as games, virtual reality, tech, mobile, startups and e-commerce and take place in countries from east to west: San Francisco, Berlin, Dubai, Copenhagen and many more. Due to COVID-19, all our events are currently online.
MeetToMatch is looking for an ambitious and technology savvy student, who knows how to handle social media, and easily learn new online tooling. As you will be responsible for writing communication and provide service to our online customers, your English should be better than ours.
This is a chance to work within a small but dedicated team, where your efforts are crucial for our company’s success and where you are considered as part of the team. We’d love to learn you what we know but also to learn more from you and your experiences!
- Create and plan social media postings (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram). We’d love to hear your ideas on how we can improve our social media presence!
- Update our website (content and if you know how to do it, design);
- Create and send newsletters in Mailchimp;
- Respond to customer questions over email and live chat;
- Relationship management with our event partners: check up on the status of our event requirements, discuss communication timelines, etc;
- Contribute to improvements in our service concepts and product development of our online meeting manager;
- And do whatever it takes to make our event participants have a great time.
- You are proficient in English: social media posts or blogs; some example work would be amazing;
- You can easily adapt your tone of voice to our different target groups: from investors and corporate people to easy-to-approach game developers.
- You know how to provide rapid and excellent service;
- You are enthusiastic, are open-minded, independent and can handle a fair amount of stress;
- You are currently enrolled in a relevant field of studies such as event management, marketing, communication or media, and have progressed to the third or fourth year of college or university (HBO/WO).
- Experience in working with WordPress, Mailchimp, and graphic design would be amazing but is not mandatory.
- Most of the time we work from 9 to 17:30, but we adjust our working hours to our events. Some events have a time zone offset of 9 hours; others may be organized in the evening or on weekends. So a 9 to 5 mentality does not fit, but of course, working hours are compensated with free time after the event has finished.
What do we have to offer?
- After the initial learning curve, you have a responsible position within our business. Your work really matters to us.
- An international surrounding, allowing you to build a professional network.
- Opportunity to learn a lot from fun-loving but hard-working colleagues;
- A monthly internship remuneration of 275-325 Euro a month, and lunch included in an inspiring office space in Utrecht.
Start: Februari 2021
Duration: 5-6 months.
Internship: Working internship. Unfortunately, we currently don’t have any research internship options.
Interested in working with us?
How to apply? Send us your motivational pitch by email (moc.hctamotteemnull@ofni), LinkedIn, or any way that fits your personality best. Oh, and make sure to do this in English: the same language the interview will be held in as well. Don’t forget to include your resume.
(we do not respond to applications from third-party/recruitment agencies)